Our client has an immediate opening for an experienced and talented Engineering Technician to play a key role in development of medical devices and mobile applications as part of multiple cross-functional teams.
Responsibilities will include
As an Engineering Technician, you will provide technical assistance for electrical and mechanical engineering problems. You will perform hands-on assembly of mechanical assemblies, circuit boards, connectors, cables and enclosures per engineering drawings; execute test plans, record data and provide written results; set up sensors and data acquisition systems. You will also contact and interact with appropriate vendors and suppliers.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team, and will have broad and innovative skills that will allow you to modify prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct problems discovered during testing, and collaborate with the engineering teams to identify, define, and solve problems throughout the device development effort.
- At least a two year technical degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of working experience.
- Skilled troubleshooting to the component level
- SMT electronic assembly skills.
- Strong hands-on laboratory skills.
- Knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Additional Skills and Requirements
- Time management skills for working on multiple projects
- Familiarity with biomedical systems and applications, including requirements for medical device documentation of test results
- Prior work experience at a small R&D company is a plus.
- Prior experience in the medical device industry is preferred.
You should have strong planning and organizational skills, as well as excellent written communication skills. Experience with medical product development under ISO-13485 and FDA QSR is a plus.