Our client is seeking a Product Manager to lead the development and management of the product line within the domain of their Platform. In this role you will have a balanced focus (50/50 - internal/external) and will be responsible for ensuring that the products and services meet customer needs/expectations and business needs.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for total product/service lifecycle, from cradle to grave, including ownership of product family and roadmap and product requirements. You will have technical responsibility for the top-level product architecture and interface control (PFD/H&MB/P&ID) and own top-level product packaging. You and your staff will lead development of new product proof-of-concept prototypes (POC), builds and testing and will own the engineering bill of material (E-BOM) for A-builds and product cost management.
You will own the top-level product cost roadmap and target allocation to subsystems/components to the Systems and Technology teams. Gate processes for product development are managed and led by the Product Manager as well as overall program/project scheduling for new product introduction. As a member of the Development Division staff, you will be expected to dynamically manage priorities to clear roadblocks based on business needs and to prioritize resources to contain and resolve rapid-response, customer-impacting issues.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- 3-Year Product-Line Roadmap: As approved by the PLSG, the product line roadmap will define the family of products to be developed and introduced by the Platform over the next 3 years.
- Product-line cost: As determined by market needs and technology cost structure, cost-of-goods (COGS) targets for each model in the product line will be defined along with expectations for year-on-year cost reductions.
- Product-line delivery: As determined by customer orders and interest, new model introduction schedules will be determined and development plans established to deliver products to manufacturing (B-Build) on time.
- Product Line Strategy Group (PLSG): Provide customer/market/platform perspective and recommendations to the PLSG in setting the long-term product roadmap
- B.S. in salient engineering field; M.S. and/or MBA preferred
- 7+ years of engineering/development experience w/ B.S.
- 5+ years of project/program/design management/supervisory experience.