Our client is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join their successful and growing team. To be successful in this role you should have a comprehensive overall knowledge in the design of machining rotating and skid mounted ASME code stamped pressure vessels. Hydraulic equipment design for the chemical, food, pharmaceutical and petro chemical industries is also required.
Responsibilities will include
- Layout and design of chemical process equipment with SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Producing Customer Arrangement DWG's of skid mounted equipment with SolidWorks
- Producing customer documentation operations manuals, reports and Power Point presentations
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as assigned.
- BSME degree with 5 + years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Process P&ID, PFD and Hydraulic flow schematics construction and logic.
- Fluid flow pressure and thermal stress analysis.
- Strong technical report writing skills with Excel, Power Point and Mathcad.
- Strong background in computer modeling, design, stress analysis and problem solving skills.
- Piping Design per ANSI B31.3 in the Petro-Chemical and Chemical Industries.
- Proficiency with the following software: SolidWorks/Inventor, Math Cad, Excel, Power Point, Ansys FEA, and CodeWare Compress.
Fluent knowledge of pressure vessel design, welding, material selection and fabrication practices per ASME Section VIII Div. 1 Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.