Our client is seeking a multi-faceted Manufacturing Test Engineer to join their team. In this role you will be tasked with optimizing processes for new and existing products, defining and designing product test methods, equipment and processes and participating in new product introduction process.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate introduction of new products released to production by recommending product manufacturability improvements, product structures, assembling and purchasing equipment and fixtures, documenting manufacturing procedures and methods, and verifying manufacturing readiness and accuracy.
- Design, test and calibration equipment, including designing custom printed circuit board assemblies for production fixtures.
- Program test systems using C# and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Improve process efficiencies by introducing automated assembly operations.
- Plan and execute process improvement activities and Lean tools events using established Kaizen methods.
- Benchmark best Lean manufacturing practices of other companies and implement where appropriate.
- Initiate, review and evaluate engineering changes and/or other specification requirements and perform technical liaison with Production Planning and Engineering personnel.
- Investigate and initiate corrective action on manufacturing problems arising in the assembly of electromechanical or electronic products.
- Assist production personnel by providing technical or procedural guidance when necessary.
- Maintain safe working environment by following company safety procedures.
- Promote Lean culture throughout the department and company.
- Ensure compliance to the Quality Management System (QMS) and ISO9001 throughout department activities.
- 4+ years' experience in industry
- A thorough understanding of electromechanical and/or electronics manufacturing techniques gained through a BSEE, BSIE or BSME.
- 2+ years of C# (or similar) programming experience
- Competence in PCB troubleshooting and an understanding of electronic circuits
- Willingness to work in a team based environment and a commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Previous experience in a Lean environment preferred
- Demonstrate written, verbal and organizational skills.