Our client is seeking a CAD operator to utilize AutoCAD to provide support to Property Management, Construction, Leasing and Development by preparing detail drawings, sketches, diagrams and routine layouts which include all views and necessary dimensions.
- Utilize computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
- Prepare detail drawings, sketches, diagrams and routine layouts which include all views and necessary dimensions.
- Create and revise drawings.
- Make final sketches of proposed drawings, checking dimension of parts, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Translate and sketch to CAD drawings.
- Answer inquiries by interpreting information shown on drawings and related documents.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining an organized file system for drawings, both electronic and paper copies.
- Provide useable square footage analysis utilizing modified BOMA standards.
- Review drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Coordinate and maintain inventory of As-built drawings, both electronic and paper copies.
- Modify existing drawings to minimize the need to create new drawings and create new drawings when necessary in a timely fashion.
- Maintain and manage the Plan Room. Communication with Leasing, Property Management, Development and Construction departments.
- Time management and understanding how to prioritize workload.
- Provide administrative support as necessary.
- Associates Degree required, preferably in Engineering or a related field. AutoCAD certification preferred.
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years of related experience working with AutoCAD software packages required.
- Solid understanding of drafting techniques and standards required and familiarity with engineering and construction terminology preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Understanding of Revit or 3D Modeled exported drawings.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.